News

An Interview with: Oliver "orcl" Stubley

Sat 8th Nov 2014 - 12:44pm : General : Gaming

Today I have the pleasure of interviewing Oliver "orcl" Stubley, Cazuall Esports's CS:GO team captain. Find out more about Oliver and how he got involved in esports, as well as what he thinks to the UK scene. This is the first part of interview series we will be doing on all of our players accross the organisation to give you, our fans and opportunity to get to know them better! Check out the interview here!

How did you get involved in eSports?

I can’t remember when I made the transition from casual to competitive. I began by playing Counter-strike with friends, playing at first on public and then we just seemed to naturally transition into playing games from IRC. After making a few teams with different combinations of friends, I went my own way and began playing with people I’d never played with before. Eventually most of my friends stopped playing, and I found myself carrying on and improving on my own. After a few years of messing around with casual teams, I decided that I wanted to go to my first LAN event – i35. Since then, I’ve been involved in eSports in many different capacities, including journalism, management, and of course, playing.

What does it take to be a pro gamer today?

Well if you’re asking what it takes to be where I am, I would say I am still far away from being a “pro” gamer. Time, dedication and a great deal of chemistry with your team mates appear to me to be the key to success. It’s a hard craft to master, and for some it probably can never happen. I think it’s a big advantage if you’re willing to put things on hold to practice full time, but that’s not really something that is attainable for even some of the most ambitious players.

What have you sacrificed to get to where you are today?

I have been quite fortunate in that I’ve not actually had to give anything up throughout my time playing competitive counter-strike. Of course there are some nights where you fancy going out for a bit or doing something a bit different, but at times you just have to suck it up and get the practice in. I did have to stop playing for a while to focus on studies a few years back, but now I am in my final year of University and think I have the balance between work, play and socialising sorted.

How popular is eSports in the UK for CS:GO?

I’d say that the game itself is very popular within the UK. There are a great number of people playing the game, enough to have at least a few good teams playing in the scene at any one time. There are a lot of players that just like to lurk around and play in the occasional mix team – which is great when you want to fill up a LAN with good competition – but not so great if you want the UK to have a good representative in Europe. I think the scene just needs a bit more patience and stability, and to do away with some of the more toxic players that exist.

What advice would you give to aspiring gamers who want to be good at CS:GO?

Probably don’t even try. It’s a hard game to get to grips with if you’ve got not experience of FPS or the CS franchise. If you find yourself actually reaching an alright level at the game, then the easiest thing to do is find a group of like-mind individuals and put some time into playing as a team. Start slow, and don’t expect to be beating everyone after your first week.

Where do you see UK eSports five years from now?

Not too far from where it is now. As I said before, instability is a big issue in all UK eSports. We don’t have a top tier representative in any of the big eSports titles. A big mentality change is going to be required if this is going to change any time soon.

Are you excited for I53?

Of course – It’s going to be my first real opportunity to show myself in CS:GO. I’ve not done an awful lot of competing since CS: Source, so on a personal level, I feel I have something to prove. As a team, I think this will be a great experience for us. Being a part of a larger organisation with numerous teams and sponsors present will also be a good experience. This will be the first LAN where a degree of professionalism will be a must!

Follow Oliver on twitter here!

So thats it for Oliver, our next interview will be with our Call of Duty captain Connor!

The Kaiser

The Kaiser

Ben Bagg

Your Comments

• Tue 15th Jan 2019 - 12:04pm

Do you have the link to download this game? I would like to play this game as the trailer looks very interesting. Can you share some of the details regarding the game so that it is easy for others to play the game and download? http://britishmuseumtour.co.uk/

• Sat 12th Jan 2019 - 4:50am

If you don’t get enough time to complete your <a href="https://www.assignmenthelp4me.com/homework-answers.html">Homework Answers</a> or assignments, you may simply contact the experts of <a href="https://www.assignmenthelp4me.com/">Assignment Help 4 Me</a> to get the best help so that you are able to effectively work on your assignments.

• Mon 12th Nov 2018 - 6:56am

I think I have never seen such blogs ever before that has complete things with all details which I want. So kindly update this ever for us.[url=https://www.phototrims.com/background-removal-service/]Background Removal Service[/url]

• Mon 12th Nov 2018 - 6:55am

I think I have never seen such blogs ever before that has complete things with all details which I want. So kindly update this ever for us. <a href="https://www.phototrims.com/background-removal-service/">Background Removal</a>

• Sat 10th Nov 2018 - 7:37am

Your post is elaborate and informative. It was a pleasure reading it. Have you been looking for a firm that provides Dissertation Rewriting Help? We have solutions to your problems. We also respond when you tell us “Edit my research paper.”

• Sat 10th Nov 2018 - 7:32am

It seems like you had taken the time to prepare before writing this blog post. Keep going. Consider contacting us when you feel that you need Online help with writing research papers and efficient Papers writing services.

• Tue 6th Nov 2018 - 1:20pm

You have actually shared the kind of information I Love to see. Great If you want to hire statistical analysis Expert have it in mind that we are the most perfect firm where hiring a statistician for dissertation is easy, fast and affordable.

• Tue 6th Nov 2018 - 1:19pm

When this kind of a post appears, I am very sure that I will get informed. With the best assistance with Dissertation Literature Review from experienced dissertation writers for hire, facing any academic challenge is easy.

• Thu 20th Sep 2018 - 5:50am

This post is not just informative but impressive also. The post is so convincing that it created an urge to choose Assignment Help services. You can email us at Info@Myassignmenthelpau.Com or Phone Number: +61-2-8005-8227

• Mon 28th May 2018 - 7:33am

I am feeling glad by commenting here because your site is really helpful for me. When i find something like that, always your site appear and provide me complete help so thanks for it and you can make your mobile faster by phone junk cleaner app for android. Check it once!!

• Mon 30th Apr 2018 - 9:00am

• Mon 30th Apr 2018 - 8:57am

The subsequent time I read a blog, I hope that it doesn’t disappoint me as a lot as this one. I imply, I do know it was my choice to learn, however I actually thought you’d have something attention-grabbing to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could repair in the event you weren’t too busy in search of attention. <a href="http://snapchatapk.info"rel="dofollow">download latest Snapchat mod Hack Apk no root</a>

• Mon 30th Apr 2018 - 8:05am

HI..Thanks a lot sharing well-written post. so i hope keep sharing more post..  https://www.singaporeassignmenthelp.com/mba-assignment-help

• Thu 26th Apr 2018 - 10:24am

Students Assignment Help is the leading agency for <a href="https://www.studentsassignmenthelp.com/human-resource-assignment-help/">human resource assignment</a> services for all students around the world. We have the broad-spectrum team of writers who will assist with your assignment writing. Students can contact our experts through email at info@studentsassignmenthelp.com.

• Sat 14th Apr 2018 - 10:26am
  • Fri 16th Mar 2018 - 6:59am

We know just how important your marketing dissertation topics is: as such a large piece of work, it can make a huge difference to your final degree mark. We’re so confident that you’ll love the work we produce, we offer extensive guarantees to make sure you’re fully covered.A selection of marketing dissertation examples for you to use and study. Use these free marketing dissertations to aid and inspire your own work

• Fri 16th Mar 2018 - 6:57am

We know just how important your <a href="http://myassignmenthelp.com/dissertation/topics/marketing/">marketing dissertation topics</a> is: as such a large piece of work, it can make a huge difference to your final degree mark. We’re so confident that you’ll love the work we produce, we offer extensive guarantees to make sure you’re fully covered.A selection of <a href="http://myassignmenthelp.com/dissertation/topics/marketing/">marketing dissertation examples</a> for you to use and study. Use these free marketing dissertations to aid and inspire your own work

• Tue 31st Oct 2017 - 11:28am

Certainly, real economical and style are not cheap. There is really a variation among buying a Burberry bag replica and buying one from the roadside vendor or, even worse, out from the trunk of the auto www.fashionistabased.com

So if you look from your bedroom window in the morning and it is clear that Jack Frost has visited once again, please ensure that you keep your car safe as well as yourself yet others. www.priceyautos.com

When making this decision, be sure to take a good hard look at the foreseeable future, to plan your hard earned money flows carefully and to consider any longer term contingencies that may result in your having to prematurely end the term deposit agreement. Only deposit money you are fairly certain you will not need for the term of the deposit. www.depositbusiness.com

Train your self not to fear to stay in the fraction. There is nothing terrible in this; when your estimation is accurate, the majority of the other participants of the market, will not agree with it, as a rule. It is necessary to constantly learn, to improve your knowledge and habits of all analysis forms. www.financeestimation.com

It recovers resources from waste while producing renewable energy and helping to reduce water and emissions. In other words it releases energy from our rubbish, and reduces the amount of rubbish which might otherwise be delivered to landfill, while at the same time reducing climate change. www.technologyalone.com

These clinics are the special centers that shine in osteopathy, injuries causes by sports and dance, post operative treatments, joint pain, pilates, etc. These unique clinics are special set ups that commonly run by efficient and experienced osteopaths to encourage osteopathy to the community of medical and the common public. www.healthinclinic.com

For some FSBO, you can save a lot of money by not using a realtor. But you should examine this problem carefully as this decision is harder than it seems. Below are some of the issues that seller's should look into before making a decision about selling their own without the services of an agent. www.catchyhomes.com

What is unique to Prisha Treasures is the fact that the products that are comfortably priced are not inferior in quality, a blunder that most jewellery companies make while compromising on the prices to please their potential customers. www.awesometravelling.com

Bulk SMS has a great benefit if a business knows how to utilize its advantages. Using Bulk TXT, do not spam and make it a value proposition for the customer, is one of the effective tools to achieve mobile marketing, deliver unbelievable customer service service and enhance patron's loyalty. www.shoppingbulk.com

When you have classic fashions, you can go anywhere at any time. Especially when you select well-made pieces in good fabrics, they tend to last longer with each wear. In addition, they tend to look better when you wear them. www.betweenfashion.com

herefore, making it possible for you to ultimately purchase a car of your liking as well as loan at the same time in a very synchronized manner. This method can be a much faster way of getting financing rather than when you may apply various other finance companies just like banking institutions. www.autosworthy.com

Sure you have to invest a few dollars each month for your home based business. Internet service, phone calls, utility bills, advertising cost, business advice resources and tools. You will soon realize that the cost of running a free home based business online is less than the cost of running an online business. www.spendbusiness.com

Being utilized for a particular company may not give you all the money that you would need to finance your daily life. Doing some extra work is often recommended specially in today's times when money is difficult to get. Worry no more; the Foreign exchange market is not far from your reach. www.financedisks.com

Further, software, and the internet are constantly changing, requiring people, and companies to make relative adjustments. This means that your job will rarely be in jeopardy because there are always new installs to do, and new websites to build. The more one finds about information technology, the more people realize that having this degree is a good idea. www.benefitoftechnology.com

Eating healthy requires quite a bit of leeway. You might eat too much or not enough, consume foods that are sometimes more or less nutritious. However, you should always fuel your body and the mental faculties regularly with enough food to keep both your body and mind strong and alert. www.specifichealthy.com

What is the best option? Should you get a home Equity Loan? Making the right decision is based on knowing various pros and cons of various ways to finance your home improvement project and your current situation. Even if you have cash sitting in the bank, it may not always be the best option. www.homeimprovementinterest.com

The best place to get the ideal travel nursing agencies is to browse over the internet in order to explore various directories and databases for the travel nursing agencies that will assist you to land your dream nursing job. www.expeditetravelling.com

It is essential at home, in motels and in hospitals. While there are residential locations and commercial estates particularly hotels and accommodation business, there are still needs for beds. And this runs specifically true for bedding wholesale shop. www.shopinleisure.com

Reece didn’t take up sports until then (the 11th grade) when she and her mother moved to St. Petersburg, Florida. Many colleges started prospecting her due to her abilities in sports. She accepted a volleyball scholarship from the Florida State University www.fashiondebates.com

These BPOs are performed by local licensed Realtors or REO Agents. The competition is tough for these agents to get hired to do these BPOs, meaning that the ones that get the jobs are the sharpest of the group. www.realestatebulk.com

Some of the best lawyers in the world are located in Chicago. Attorneys like that are very numerous, but you cannot rely only on location. Chicago lawyers are both bad and the good. There are a few things that you do need to be aware of. www.lawyerally.com

Follow these laws and you will find a great hand-sanitizing product that won't be a pain to use! Hand sanitizing is one of the best ways to avoid getting sick, so don't be afraid anymore - follow the 3 Laws of Hand Sanitizers and protect yourself! www.lawsuseful.com

Dipak Jain, Dean, Kellogg School of Management in a recent forum opined as to how today's Management Education has to make it a necessity to train Socially Responsible Global leaders in our future firms. www.besideslaw.com

Products like coffee, cold drinks, sugar, black tea, etc are also very dangerous for the hormonal system. They have a negative affect the hormonal system, and thus create an imbalance in the hormones. Proper exercise would also benefit the body and burn extra fats by the body processes thus ensuring a longer healthier life. www.issuehealth.com

My hope is that this soapbox rant might help someone out there facing a possible unnecessary surgery. And if you are in the medical industry, I invite you to get out of your box and think of the greater good, or who knows---possibly look into another paradigm? Our health care industry could use a bit of good news. www.crisisofhealth.com

There are actually boatloads of important things you must understand when trying to conceive. The book Pregnancy Miracle will be able to help you scheme up your how to prepare to conceive moves what with the countless of tips you will get from the book. www.conceivehealthy.com

This gives them to trust themselves and make decisions that they feel good about. They can choose whatever benefits and supports their highest good, a wonderful capacity to have as they're going through their lives. www.parentingvital.com

It seems new forms of communication have invariably been criticized. When postcards were new in the early 1900's, critics thought letter writing was doomed. The critics didn't know they'd have e-mail to worry about in the early 1980's. www.parentingworry.com

How did that happen? If our brain were fixed, shouldn't Michelle be struggling to survive when she had become? I mean, she was missing her whole left hemisphere, which theoretically means the right side of her body should not be able to move. www.parentingability.com

Twinkle is not any more available to pre-teens and kindergarteners. Although red gloss with papers may stimulate nightmares of Pakistani wedding brides circa the 1980s, it is time to dig out the existing wedding ceremony cds and show them proudly. Showy red is back in a big way. www.visibleeducation.com

• Thu 31st Aug 2017 - 11:15am

Oliver is one of the most talented gamers out there and he has shown his abilities through the performances. Glad to know about his experiences with the team and the way he got developed as a leader. Thanks for the share. photo editing india retouching services

• Mon 28th Aug 2017 - 12:19pm

I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I assure this would be beneficial for most of the people.voyance sentimentale

Please register or login to post comments